What will the Center be like?
The Center will range in size from 45,000 to 55,000 square feet, and will most likely be two stories. The final look and size will be determined by the master plan. The building will blend with its natural environment and feature environmentally-sound principles in both construction and planned usage.
- The estimated cost of the project is $36 million.
- Such a facility will attract upwards of 700,000 visitors per year.
- At our proposed downtown Dover, NH location, we easily catch tourist traffic heading north to New Hampshire’s popular Lakes and Mountains region, and into Maine, and as they return.
- All preliminary numbers and data are from ConsultEcon, and are based on the project locating somewhere in the Seacoast Region of New Hampshire.
- View large-scale habitats that take you from mountain ecosystems to the shore and far below the ocean’s surface.
- Imagine walking on the sun, or living with lobsters. How about a digital dome that transports you to the furthest reaches of the heavens one minute and down inside a deep ocean trench the next?
- See images of a giant squid swimming next to you, then meet real scientists at work unraveling the mysteries of our planet.
- Track a satellite as it gathers data about oceans, climate and weather and learn how our forays into space benefit the earth below.