of “Window on the Waters: A Museum of Earth, Sea and Space”
- To provide an outstanding educational experience highlighting our diverse water environments and the complex relationship between earth, sea, weather and space.
- To provide educational opportunities for every age and interest level.
- To teach in a manner that is entertaining and enlightening.
- To maintain an ongoing commitment to exhibits and programs that are dynamic, interactive, fresh and scientifically current.
- To participate in continuing research for the betterment of our earth and to broaden the understanding of its people.
At this facility, visitors will learn how the waters of our world shape our earth and our lives. They will understand how the forces of our planet relate, and see how weather and climate affect our past, present and future. They will hunt for geological clues to our history and examine our changing landscape. They will learn the critical role space technology plays in the health of our planet, and discover how our forays into the heavens aid our research here on earth.
The mission statement will evolve as the facility itself evolves and develops.